Log in

emmala in canadian_yank

internship visa question

Hi folks
I'm an American applying for an internship in Halifax and neither me or the folks at the museum I want to intern at can figure out what kind of visa I need. The internship would be during the summer for a minimum of 300 hours (2 months). I've called the embassy in D.C. consulates in Boston and New York and couldn't get a person to help and checked the website only to find that it doesn't talk about unpaid positions. Any experience with this? PLEASE HELP!


I don't know anything about this, but sounds to me like you will need a student visa. The CIC website should explain how to get one.

Moved to WInnipeg

well I don't know if in England the same rules apply, but regarding internships it was really easy to move to Canada from the US, I got one of these Winnipeg apartments for rent right away and settled down in the blink of an eye.